Filtering & Monitoring with Q&A
Cost - FREE for enhanced members & essentials members and £59+VAT for non-members
Keeping Children Safe in Education and the digital and technology standards for schools and colleges emphasise the need to have a clear strategy, roles and responsibilities, filters and monitoring arrangements in place to keep children safe online in education settings. This course is aimed at governors and those in leadership positions to ensure they are trained and confident in role, can access the tools they need to effectively lead filtering and monitoring arrangements and can document the decisions they have made in this area.
Andrew Williams spent 10 years in the primary phase as a teacher and senior leader. Since then, he has worked across local authorities in South Wales, joining SWGfL over 9 years ago. Since joining SWGfL Andrew has been central to the production of a wide range of resources for educators: nationally and internationally. He leads on information security and data protection for SWGfL and has been responsible for the work with the Welsh Government. He is comfortable working with a wide range of government departments, agencies, third sector organisations, schools and children and young people. With a unique breadth of knowledge, skills and experiences Andrew offers a rare breadth to the perspective he provides.
Aims and objectives:
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of governors, staff and third parties (such as external service providers)
- Understand best practice in procuring filtering and monitoring systems
- Know how to review the effectiveness of their provision through regular checks, reports and analysis of safeguarding concerns
- Understand how to frame policy, training and support to build staff confidence and competence
- An introduction to cyber security standards
What you need to know to attend:
The 3-hour webinar will run in one session from 12:00 - 15:00 via Zoom. The webinar will run from 12:00-14:00 and then there will be a Q&A session from 14:00-15:00.
|We're sorry, no dates are arranged at this time. Please join the waiting list using the box below.
No dates suitable or available?
Join our waiting list and we'll notify you when new dates are added.